Respecting our spouse daily is a challenge for some and a missed opportunity for others. Let’s be honest, there are times you don’t even want to say your spouse name let alone see their face. But we know that is not the best way to go about building a successful marriage.
Our spouse and our marriage deserve RESPECT in all areas every day. Respecting our marriage is not an option its a requirement. Respecting our spouse should transcend outside of our home walls and should be seen by all those we come in contact with.
10 Ways to Respect your spouse
- Support your spouse
- Don’t speak harsh to your spouse or talk about them to others
- Pray for your spouse.
- Replace criticism with encouragement.
- Be appreciative for the things your spouse and remember to say “Thank You”
- Don’t belittle your spouse thoughts and/or ideas.
- Speak your spouse love language.
- Allow your spouse to have “down” time daily.
- Give your spouse your undivided attention.
- Show genuine enthusiasm for the things that your spouse is excited about.
In what ways do you show respect toward your spouse? Share in the comments below.