The internet is buzzing today about Kelly Clarkson getting married over the weekend & Kim Kardashian & Kanye West are engaged. Congrats to them! But reading about these celebrities getting married or got married, had me thinking about do newlyweds really know what to expect in marriage?
Most thing the planning of the wedding is the hardest part & if they can get through the wedding day, they will have it easier. Well……. I’m here to tell ya, it gets harder!
You know we have big ideas and dreams about how our marriage will be but are they realistic? You can have the “perfect” marriage for you but you must set real expectations & also work hard at have your “perfect” marriage.
So I thought I would share with Kelly Clarkson & Kim Kardashian (& Kanye West) some golden nuggets about marriage.
5 Facts About Marriage every newlywed should know:
- Marriage takes both parties working “daily” to improve on yesterday.
- Open and honest communication is a MUST have to have a strong & lasting marriage.
- Quality time is not an option its a necessity. Take at least 10 minutes a day to bond & connect with your spouse.
- Don’t allow: family, friends, or career come before your spouse. Keep a healthy balance but remember your spouse is your first priority.
- Keep God in your marriage. Three strands are harder to break!
Bonus tip: Go on a date with your spouse WEEKLY!
Of course there are many other things that you must do & understand to have a strong healthy happy marriage, but if you do the 5 things I outlined you are well on your way to your “perfect” marriage.
Congrats to Kelly (Mrs. Blackstock) and congrats to Kim Kardashian on her engagement to Kanye.
What advice do you have for Kelly, Kim, and Kanye? Share in the comments below.
Photo credits: Kelly Clarkson picture from Kelly Clarkson twitter account
Kanye West and Kim Kardashian: Just Jared
[…] Good Read: 5 Facts About Marriage Everyone Should Know […]