I love to cook. Well, I love to cook when the mood hits me and winter time (cold weather) is definitely one of my favorite time to cook. Winter allows you to eat all the comfort food you want and not feel guilty. Well, hey any excuse I can give to fix me and the mister some chili, I use it.
When the weather and wind are being mean to us, we become homebodies (even more than we already are). So you know when you are home snuggled up on the couch watching TV, you need some comfort food plus it gives me an opportunity to use my BELLA 5 Quart Programmable Slow Cooker.
I love chili.
Wait, I love chili made at home. I don’t like fast food chili. I don’t like chili out the can and I definitely do not like MEATLESS chili. (yeah yeah yeah I know I must do better if I want to lose weight more on this later this week) I think we have already eaten chili three times this season and don’t you dare judge us!
So I think my chili is famous (it is in our house and family) so I wanted to share my famous chili with you. Enjoy cooking this chili and having a movie date night with your spouse.
2 pounds ground turkey 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
2 (15 ounce) cans chili beans, drained 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with juice
1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste1 bag of season blend (onion, green pepper, celery blend)
2 cans of Rotel 4 cubes beef bouillon
1/4 cup chili powder 1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon dried oregano 2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon salt1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon white sugar 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese
Winter allows you to eat all the comfort food you want and not feel guilty. Chili is definitely top of the list. #DatingMySpouse #homecooking Click To Tweet
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Crumble the ground turkey and sausage into the hot pan, and cook until evenly browned. Drain off excess grease.
- Put cooked meat into a Bella crockpot.
- Pour in the chili beans, diced tomatoes and tomato paste. Add the onion, celery, green and red bell peppers, and bouillon. Season with chili powder, garlic, oregano, cumin, salt, pepper, cayenne, paprika, and sugar. Stir to blend, then cover and simmer over low heat for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally. (You could cook it overnight)
- Taste the chili after a couple of hours and adjust the seasoning to fit your taste.
- Serve with cheese, crackers/corn bread
Please let me know how you enjoyed our famous chili!
In the comments below, let us know if you crackers or corn bread with your chili?