I will love my husband until I take my last breath. I know I have said that time and time again. Love just doesn’t happen…it take action on your part to love, to stay in love, and to love always and forever.
But how can you stay true to that statement? It’s hard but we definitely can fulfill that promise.
5 Love principles:
- You have to encourage one another
- Never tear your spouse down
- When was the last time you praised your spouse with encouraging words?
- Comfort one another
- Spend time together
- Spending time together helps strengthens relationships
- If you grow apart you will come apart
- Be tender and compassionate with each other
- Be agreeable:
- same values
- same mindset concerning marital and parenting ideas
Love is an action verb. You must put in work to maintain a healthy strong marriage. There is no such thing as 50/50 or 80/20 when it comes to marriage. Its 100/100. We must do our due diligence when it comes to the staying power of our love.
I believe in you-you can “Always love your spouse.”
Which principle above do you need to improve on?
What a tragic weekend! One of America’s musical icons passed away: Ms. Whitney Houston (August 9, 1963-February 11, 2012). Ms. Houston you will truly be missed!