Oh, it’s getting hot outside! And the start of the summer holiday season is fast approaching. Summer + Outdoors= Barbecue season. The warm weather make the summer the best time to fire up the grill and barbecue. We love to barbecue. With the first holiday of the summer next week, Memorial Day weekend, my husband and I are gearing up to start barbecuing and having family and friends over for summer barbecue parties.
Having a barbecue party takes planning and teamwork. Now, honestly, in our household, I am the grill master and the husband is the grill starter. We had to learn what our strengths were to work as a team and to keep frustration down before the guests arrived.
One thing that has helped us is to create a barbecue party to do list. Even tho we are seasoned bbq’ers, we still refer to the list to make sure we have everything we need and each of us knows what we are responsible for doing.
Barbecue Party Checklist
- Create a guest list and send out invites. You can send invites via Facebook (create an event), via text message, phone call, or send invitations.
- Decide on your menu. Keep in mind any dietary needs of your guests. Shop early to afford last minute shopping or forgetting key ingredients.
- Check to make sure you have enough charcoal or propane gas for your grill. If not, purchase the items to have before the day of the party.
- Make sure you have the paper products for the party: plates, napkins, cups, forks and spoons, etc.
- Purchase the decorations, if applicable.
- Make sure you have enough seating for all your guests outdoors.
- Pull out the table umbrellas and make sure they are still operable.
- Put the gazebos, if applicable.
- Mow the lawn.
- Spray the lawn to get rid of any pests and help control mosquitoes.
- Clean the grill.
- Put up outside lights to illuminate the area once it gets dark.
Hosting a BBQ party at your house is so much fun but can also be a lot of work and it gives you the chance to entertain and fellowship with other couples and families. If you guys work together and tackle the to do list together, no one will feel overwhelmed.
Have fun hosting BBQ parties and work as team!
How do you prepare to host friends and family at your house for a BBQ party?