Happy Valentine’s Day!
Today is celebrated as the day for lovers. Husbands (& wives) will use today to publicly display their love for their spouse. Flowers, candy, & teddy bears will be delivered to many today and will sit on the desk of the loved ones for all to see.
Many use today, to recommit their love to each other. Flowers, candy, and teddy bears are great & definitely overrated; however, I invite you to share your love for your spouse to hundreds and even thousands via your social networks. In the digital age we live in there are many ways to publicly express your love for your spouse.
15 Ways to utilize your social media accounts-Facebook, Twitter, & Pinterest-to publicly display love
1. Use a picture of the two of you as your profile picture on Facebook or as your avatar on Twitter.
2. Write daily affirmations of love on your spouse page for the number of years you have been married. (Example: Married 13 years=13 days of affirmations)
3. Post a picture collage video of you and your spouse throughout the years.
4. Do a musical tribute to your spouse on your page but tag them in the post. YouTube is a great source to get music videos and it’s easy to upload to Facebook.
5. Use #5reasonswhyIlovemyhusband on Twitter & list the reasons & tag him in the tweet (for husbands use same hash tag but change to wife)
6. Dedicate a day to use your status and/or tweets to uplift your spouse…Praise them for their accomplishments, for providing, or just being a great day/mom.
7. Send your spouse an I Love you tweet
8. Share an uplifting/motivating scripture on your spouse FB page or tweet it to them.
9. Use FB notes to write a love letter to your spouse.
10. Schedule random love tweets for 30 days to post on twitter…remember to @ your spouse!
11. Use the letters of your spouse name to define the way you feel about them in a status on FB & twitter…make sure you tag them.
12. Post clues or hints on your spouse FB page/twit clues to your spouse about the special date night you have planned.
13. Make a page on Facebook dedicated to your spouse.
14. Use a picture of your spouse as your background pattern for your twitter page
15. Create a pin board on Pinterest of things your spouse like and places you guys have been
I invite you to look at a video my husband made for me in 2009 for our wedding anniversary. You don’t have to wait until Valentine’s Day to publicly display your love. Use every day as a way to let the world know that love is in the air & marriages are not a dying breed.
Share your ideas of ways to show love to your spouse on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media outlets.
Which one of the above mentioned ideas do you like the best?