This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WhenImHungry #CollectiveBias
I kept putting off writing this post because how do you explain that sometimes you get TIRED! Monday always come back around FAST! You know what I mean. Each week is filled with work, kids, social responsibility and just life and household management. There never seem to be enough day in the day.
Oh please don’t get me wrong. I love being a wife, mom (WAHM) and business owner but a sister gets tired!
Some of my days seems like a continuous 24 hours. You know what I mean: some days you barely get sleep let alone sleep.
Wait? Am I to believe I’m the only one that gets tired?!
It took me a long time to realize that I have to take care of ME to even be half of a benefit to those who rely on me. BUT how when there aren’t enough time in a day?
I’m glad you asked.
Ways to Take Care of YOU
In my household, we have adapted the SNICKERS® motto, You are not YOU when you are hungry. We will say that when one of us isn’t being themselves. In all honesty, my husband and kids say it more to me than I get to say it to them. How dare them! Lol
Anywho, when this happens I know it’s time for me to STOP. REGROUP. RELAX.
4 Ways to TAKE CARE OF YOU:
- Wake up and go to bed at the same time daily.-This ensures that I get my proper rest. When I don’t get enough rest, I’m just a tad cranky. Yes, just a tad!!!
2. Give yourself a treat.-what motivates you? Sometimes a little treat is just what you need to get your happy back.
3. Enjoy a break.- incorporate regular breaks into your day.
4. Go Shopping.-This doesn’t have to be anything that will break the household finances. I enjoy going to the neighborhood Dollar General. I’m able to pick up inexpensive nic knacks for me and pick up a few snacks like Snickers Almonds, Snickers Extreme or Snickers Peanut Butter Squares.
Can you relate?
Those days that the time just gets away from me, I will try to steal me a few moments of quiet just for me. I call them my “smoke” break (no I don’t smoke). See folks that smoke get their smokes in by any means necessary so I’ve adopted their mindset.
So during my smoke breaks, I may just clear my mind, play a card game on my phone, or do nothing. But whatever I decide I do it for ME.
Ladies, it is so important that you get your smoke breaks in EVERYDAY!
I shared with you how I like to take care of me, share how you take care of yourself?
Also take a moment to enter the “Who are you when you’re hungry?” contest:
- Enter the SNICKERS® “Who are you when you’re hungry?” contest by uploading a personal photo or video from your Computer, Facebook, Instagram or use the SNICKERS® Meme Generator to create something new! Voting begins at Noon on 5/11/15 and ends at 11:59:59AM ET on 7/15/15.