I’m so excited. We leave soon for our family cruise. The hubby and I are regular cruisers but we are taking the 10 year old for the first time. When cruising or traveling, packing (for me) is the least favorite part of traveling. But a necessary task. But what do you pack for a cruise?
So for me packing for three for a week long trip out in the ocean is a task. See you gotta back for all possible scenarios, well not really but you know what I mean.
What to pack for a cruise
- Clothes: pack for the weather at your destinations. But keep your clothing simple for sightseeing in the ports. Shorts, t-shirts or sundresses are perfect. If you plan to spend the day at port at the beach then swimwear will suffice.
- Dinner attire: depending on the number of nights you are going, you will need 1-2 formal attire for the Captsin Ball and other formal dinners aboard the ship.
- Accessories: pack accessories that you can wear with multiple outfits.
- Motion sickness meds just in case you or a family member gets sick.
- Shoes: sandals and tennis shoes. Carry the shoes that you will be comfortable in but also support your feet.
- Beach towels: carry your own so you will know your beach chairs.
- Hat: wear a hat to block the blistering sun.
- Swimwear: if you love the water pack more than one swimsuit. You will need a dry one as the first one dries.
- ID: you will need a state issued id and certified birth certificate to get on and off the ship. Make copies of all your documents. Keep a copy with you and in the safe in your cabin. Send a copy of your documents to yourself via email as well.
- Plastic shoe over door shoe caddy: the cabins are not the biggest so use the overdoor shoe caddy to store your toiletries. This will help with keeping things neat and organized in the cabin.
- Money: get plenty of low denomination bills to be used for tipping. You will do a lot of tipping. You will do want to use cash when shopping in port.
- Camera: bring a camera and chargers. You will take plenty of pictures.
- Extension cord: the cabins have limited number of plugs. So make sure you bring an extension cord.
Cruising is so much fun. Don’t overthink what to pack. Don’t overpack. Just remember you will probably be in the pool most of the time so pack accordingly.
What is a must pack item when you and your family travels?