How many of you have stood in front of your refrigerator trying to figure out what to cook for dinner? You just don’t have the energy to cook an elaborate meal that requires you to stand in front of a hot stove for a few hours. I understand and I have been there a couple of times in my life. This is why my crockpot is my favorite cooking appliance in the house. Crockpot meals are those set and forget it meals that normally turns out to be the best meals of the week.
I wanted to share with you a few simple crockpot meals that are hearty meals but also meals that are perfect warm up meals the next day.
3 Must Cook Crockpot Meals
Here are three of my favorite winter time soup, stew, and chili recipes. I have personally cooked these meals and my family have enjoyed the each and every time. Plus these are those simple meals that you can get the kids involved in helping you fix.
Take a moment and pull out your meal planning calendar and add one or all three of these meals to your next meal planning schedule.
1. Potato soup | Recipe Here
2. Homemade Chili | Recipe Here
3. Beef Stew | Recipe Here
Tips on Using a Crockpot
Using a crockpot is definitely a time saver; however, with any appliance there are some points to consider. I want to help you enjoy your crockpot as much as I enjoy mine. Here are a few suggestions when using a crockpot as the main cooking appliance to feed your family.
- Make sure you purchase the correct size crockpot for the size of your family and/or the meal you plan to cook. The size of crockpot varies so make sure you choose wisely.
- Always brown your meat before placing in your crockpot.
- Warm up your crockpot before placing your food items into it. Treat it just as you would warming up your oven.
- Use liner bags if you want to cut down on the cleaning process.
- Place potatoes/carrots and other hard vegetables in the crockpot first and add other items on top of the vegetables.
- Never store your food in the crockpot in the refrigerator.
- Clean the crockpot immediately.