The art of dating your spouse is not a forgotten art but one that is used in many marriages to stay connected, fresh, and to have a healthy marriage.
Many couples allow the busyness of “life” to tell them date night is not important or that date night is cumbersome. Neither aspect is accurate. There are many ways you and your spouse can date and it will fit perfectly with your marriage lifestyle.
HOW TO DATE YOUR SPOUSE
- It’s important to keep the conversation upbeat and about the two of you and not other things!
- Everyday should have some aspects of a date: laughter, conversation, togetherness, and fun.
- Give your spouse your FULL ATTENTION when you are alone and having quality time.
- Anytime that you are not being “mom and dad” could be considered a date.
- Dates are not limited to Friday, the weekends or night! Get creative & have dates whenever and however!
- Dates don’t have to be fancy restaurants or pretty decorated plates…you can have a date over a bowl of cereal!
- Get your mind right. Pray for your spouse and your marriage. Let go of the angry and frustrations of the day and enjoy the time you have with your spouse.
- Relax on your date. Remember you are with the love of your life and that alone should put you at ease.
- Do something your spouse want to do and enjoy just being there with them.
- Don’t over think it! Have fun.
Marriage is a lifelong date. Every day you should deposit something into your dating bank. Remember dating your spouse is not about the location, the food, or the amount of money you spend. Dating your spouse is all about connecting and staying connected in order to grow together.
Now when are you going on a date with your spouse? How do you date your spouse?