Today is the first day of July! Month 7! If you are a number’s person, you know 7 signifies completion or perfection. For the month of July, I want to help you “perfect” the scheduling and execution of dating your spouse by helping you make time to date your spouse.
Yes, I know you have many reasons as to why dates are not a regular occurrence for you and your spouse. Yep, I know that you are probably thinking “but we just don’t have time to date!” Or you are using the kids as an excuse. You are thinking “doesn’t she know we have kids and no babysitter!” And then there’s this excuse “but I am not feeling my spouse right now. So I definitely don’t want to go anywhere with my spouse.”
Look, I’ve used every one of those excuses and they were just that EXCUSES! The only thing not dating your spouse does for your marriage, is to slowly increase the distance between you and your spouse.
Plan A Date This Month
Now how in the hell do I expect you to have 7 dates with your spouse in one month and still take care of your other responsibilities? I’m glad you asked… Remember dating your spouse isn’t about the location, money or a specific activity but more so the act of doing something together.
7 Date Ideas
- Plan a breakfast date at home
- Plan a lunch date
- Enjoy a night sitting outside in your backyard or on your front porch. This is the perfect opportunity to talk and learn something new about your spouse.
- Go to the movies
- Take a riding tour (via your car) of your city. Share a memorable moment about the areas your visit
- Enjoy a spa night at home. This one should be really fun! Take a bath together. Afterward, massage each other with warm oil. Now what happens later is not my fault 🙂
- Dress up! Go to a night out and enjoy live music.
There are 31 days in July! I know you can find 7 days/times to date your spouse this month. Get rid of the excuses! And if you want to incorporate booze, your boobs (or your wife boobs), and of course your bae as inspiration in planning the dates, by all means, feel free! Whatever motivates you, use it…..
I went live in my private Facebook on yesterday sharing tips on how to get rid of the excuses. If you are not a member, click here to join….