There are many days that we are not able to get outside the house and enjoy a date with our spouse, albeit due to weather, lack of babysitting, and/or finances either way, date nights are important to your marriage.
Instead of getting in a rut, stressed or even worse just forgetting date nights all together, I wanted to give you some ideas of dates you can do at home.
10 Home Date Ideas
- Wall climbing: Create an indoor climbing gym in your garage or basement. Make friendly wagers!
- Recreate your first date….or as close to your first date as possible.
- Home Spa-Turn on soft music, dim the lights, & take turns giving each other massages. What a perfect way to get “close”!
- Body Shadow Games. Complete Blackout…turn off all electricity (TV, phone etc), light candles & play shadow games on each other’s bodies.
- Video Game Night. Does you and/or your husband like video games? Mine does. He invited me to an old school video game showdown. We played video games like Pac Man and had a marvelous time chatting about our childhood and the games we played as a kid. It was fun because not only did I do something he liked (play video games) but he also learned something about me: I am a Pac Man champion. LOL
- Reality TV Show. Make your own “reality” TV Show video. Record the day in the life of (insert your last name here). Use props around the house and act out a funny scenario of something y’all would do or have done. Have fun.
- Favorite Restaurant at home: Ask a friend, who can cook, to fix you guys favorite food. Ask another friend to be your waiter/waitress. You guys dress up and enjoy the evening at home being served by your friends.
- Role play. Pick items from your closet and include a couple of items from your spouse closet to include, but not limited to, hats, clothing, and any other items needed to help you transform into another person. Take on the accent, and a new name. Tell random stories and have fun.
- Twister. Use an old sheet or table cloth and paint 3-4 different colored circles on it. Purchase the paint from your local home supply store, such as Home Depot. Buy the paint from the clearance rack and spend little for the paint or use crayons and/or markers to make the colorful circles.
- Fashion Show. Make creative outfits for each other out of newspaper, then have a fashion show!
The only limit to enjoying date nights at home is your imagination. Don’t allow the limits of just the four walls of your home to tell you that you guys cannot have a memorable date.
Use your imagination. Let go of your inhibitions. have fun.
Leave a Reply