Date? Date? Date? That’s all I keep telling you guys; however, I don’t think I have really given you a clear foundation on why dating your spouse is so important.
Every married couple should have a regular day that they spend together without distractions. Dating each other will give you the opportunity to talk, bond, and build intimacy. The true purpose of dating is to learn about the person. Yes, we are married and we married them for a reason but as time go on we get older and our thoughts, views, likes and dislikes changes. Dating will give you a first view about these changes and also give you a chance to just talk, laugh, and love on each other.
Life keeps us so busy that we negate the importance of just slowing down and enjoying time with our spouse. When we roll at 100% speed day in and day out, our marriage will falter.
A typical week includes: working, taking care of the children/aging parents, housework, eat and sleep. There is only 24 hours in a day but we have so much to accomplish in those 24 hours.
In knowing how busy our days are we must be proactive in scheduling time to spend with our spouse. Dating your spouse doesn’t have to be expensive or elaborate. It just must HAPPEN.
How to Date your spouse:
- Get out your calendar and as a couple decide on the frequency and timing of your dates.
- Schedule at least 4 dates
- Place the dates on the calendar, in your phone calendar, & you can even setup a private event on Facebook to remind you guys of your date.
- Play checkers/chess/any board game
- Go to the drive-in. Bring your own food. Bring a lounge chair that you can share to watch the movie.
- Save all your change for a month and use the money saved for a special date.
- Go to the local ice cream creamy & share a banana split (or your favorite ice cream flavor).
- Go on a scavenger hunt around town. Go to the visitor’s bureau and get a tourist map of things to do in your city & you and your spouse trek out to find all these places.
Remember dating your spouse isn’t an option. Don’t make excuses or allow your circumstances to hinder you from having a date with your spouse.
What can you plan for you and your spouse to do this week for a date?