I love traveling. We get our fair share of travel in every year as a couple but there are times that I must travel alone. You would think that it would be a simple task to just pack my stuff and leave….but if you have a husband like mines, it is not a simple task just to travel alone and leave him home alone with no me to guide him. So before I leave my husband for any length of time over one day, I must prepare him for my departure and prepare him to be home alone.
Before you leave your boo at home alone, make sure you have prepared him, the kids and the house for your departure:
- Pre-cook a few meals: This will make it easy for him to feed himself and the children. You don’t want him eating fast food everyday or just drinking beer for his breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Clean the house: Do an extra cleaning of the house. Leave the house spotless and in order.
- Wash and iron: the clothes the kids and your husband will need while you are out. Lay out the kids clothes by day to help ease the morning routine of getting the kids dressed.
- Emergency numbers: Make a list of emergency numbers for your spouse. Don’t take it for granted that he knows the doctor’s number or name. Write down EVERYTHING!
- Medications: Put his medicine out by day.
- Contact info: Leave the information to where you are traveling with numbers on the refrigerator for him to find
- Sex: Sex that man up before you leave.
Traveling without him is not my first choice but hey a girl need a little fun time with her girl friends. I’ve been married long enough to understand that it’s easier for me to prepare him, the kids, and the house for my absence than for me to leave them to fend for themselves.
How do you prepare your spouse for your absence when you travel without them?