With everything that is happening in the world today, more and more family and friends are living in various cities across the world and unable to attend in person bridal showers but they want to support and celebrate the bride to be. I shared how to host a virtual bridal shower with details on the who, what and how and now that you have the virtual bridal shower planned, it’s time to think about the virtual bridal shower party favors and games.
You cannot host a bridal shower, and especially a virtual bridal shower without party favors.
It’s important that you give your virtual guests the feel of being all together at a typical bridal shower. This is accomplished by sending everyone a sample box of bridal shower party favors.
I know you are thinking, “sending party favors will cost too much!”
There are several ways to make sure each guest has the correct bridal shower party favors.
Virtual Bridal Shower Party Favors
- First and foremost, make sure you choose party favors that coincide with the virtual bridal shower theme.
- Choose small flat favors.
- If able to, have each item shipped from the store you are purchasing the items.
- Send virtual gift cards for the attendees to purchase the favors at their local stores.
- Send a list of the favors, including SKU number, and the store to purchase the items and have each guest purchase the favors.
A really nice touch would have a small cake or cupcake delivered to all confirmed guests the day of the bridal shower.
Now you could purchase everything and ship to the guests; however, keep in mind the cost of shipping. Choose items that could be shipped in one flat envelope to keep the cost down.
Here are a few ideas for favors that would be easier to ship:
- Mini picture frames
- Small tea candle
- Chocolate (as long as it’s not too hot outside!) or gourmet lollipops
- A mixed CD of the bride’s favorite songs
- Lip balm or gloss
- Handmade soap
In the bridal shower favors package make sure you include instructions on when to open, how to assemble (if applicable), and which favor will be used first. Make sure you put on the outside of the package: DO NOT OPEN BEFORE INSTRUCTED TO OPEN DURING THE VIRTUAL BRIDAL SHOWER.
Traditional bridal showers are planned and given to give friends and family a fun time to spend with the bride while showering her with love and gifts; however, we know that the bride isn’t the only one that receives gifts or enjoys the time spent with family and friends. Even at a virtual bridal shower, it’s important to take care of the guests that have taken the time out of their schedule to attend the shower.
Virtual Bridal Shower Door Prizes
As with any bridal shower, there must be prizes given out to attendees. As your guests enter the video conference, give the first person to arrive a gift. This can be a virtual gift card.
- As guests arrive at the virtual bridal shower, have them write down their birthday and wedding anniversary. The guests whose birthday date is close to the bride and groom’s birthday wins a prize.
- Give a prize for whoever lives the farthest from the bride.
- Give a prize for the guest who
Virtual Bridal Shower Games
- Jeopardy: Create an electronic version of the game using clues about the bride, groom, and marriage.
- Two Truths and a Lie: Everyone introduces herself and tells the group three things about herself and the bride: Two are true, and one is a lie. All of the guests will guess which one of the list is not the truth. The guest that guessed the most “lies” wins a prize.
- How Well Does the Bride Know Her Husband to Be: Interview the groom before the virtual bridal shower. Use his answers to ask the bride questions. If she answers correctly, she gets a prize. If she answers incorrectly, the guests get a chance at winning a prize.
- Wedding Night Must Haves: Have each guest draw a picture of items the bride should have on her wedding night and the person who guesses the most wins a prize.
When planning anytype of event, especially a virtual bridal shower, you must write down all details. Make sure you know exactly what experience you want the guests and the guest of honor to have at your event. Don’t overthink this. A virtual bridal shower is new and it can be amazing and a great way to honor the bride and still have everyone that she loves and loves her at her shower.
Please share with me below if you are planning a virtual bridal shower and what items you are planning to do or have at the virtual bridal shower. If you are reading this, you can tailor these games for a baby shower or any virtual event. I would be honored to read about your event,