We love to travel. LOOOOOOVE to travel and don’t mind hoping in the car and heading out on an impromptu trip or adding to our air miles for a long vacation away from home. Whether your travels are spur of the moment or thought out and well-planned, the items you pack for the weekend trip is important. Besides the normal packing essentials such as: tooth paste, toothbrush, clothes, soap and deodorant, there are a few other special essentials to make a weekend getaway with your spouse special.
To help you pack and to get your weekend getaway started stress-free, I’ve curated a list of must have weekend essentials to make your trip with your spouse [more] enjoyable. You can also download my packing checklist. I will also share tips on how to make your weekend getaway/trip with your spouse a memorable one.
What to pack for a weekend getaway?
When it’s time to escape everyday reality and spend some quality time on vacation with your spouse, the last thing you want to worry about is not having the right items to make the trip pleasurable.
Must have travel essentials
1. Bathing Suit and Shorts. Whether you’re headed to the beach, pool, or just want to soak up the sun, you’re definitely going to need one (or more!) bathing suit. Throw a pair of shorts on with it and hit the beach bar for the ultimate laid back look.
2. Jean Jacket. Hot summer days can turn to chilly nights. Add this extra layer in the evening to keep you warm while still looking fashionable. I ordered my jacket from prAna and it has really come in handy. From wearing it on the cold plane to keep the chill off at night & im still fashionable.
3. Sandals. These shoes are a must for any warm weather vacation. Whether you prefer flip-flops, gladiators, or jellies, you’ll need a pair of these every day! However, make sure you pack a pair of walking shoes, such as tennis shoes, if you plan to do a lot of sightseeing by foot. (Take care of your feet)
4. Moisturizer. Salt water, chlorine and sun exposure can dry your skin, so be sure to frequently lather up with your favorite moisturizer.
5. Sunglasses, Sunscreen and a Hat.Protect your skin from sun damage by applying SPF 30 or higher before going outdoors. Don’t forget to reapply. And whether your style is a baseball cap or oversized floppy hat, don’t forget to pack a hat and some sunglasses to protect eyes and the delicate area around the eyes from harsh sun rays. And yes my melanin enriched friends, you need sunscreen as well.
6. Headphone splitter. It’s likely the last thing you’ll think about needing or packing but if you are traveling via airplane, you know how boring it is on a long flight. The splitter will allow you and your spouse the opportunity to watch a show together.
Additional Travel Essentials for Couples Who Travel Together:
1. Sexy lingerie. Even if you don’t normally wear this pack one for the trip. Your spouse will be pleasantly surprised.
2. Lubricant. Whether you’re looking to spice things up, try some new techniques or just need a little extra lubrication where it counts, lube is a fun and exciting addition to your sex life. As sexologist Dr. Megan Stubbs explains, “Lube can help your sex life by helping facilitate penetration and reduce friction on skin.”
3. Massage oil. Bring some massage oil to give each other simple but sexy body massages. You can purchase massage oil at your local drug store, health food store or even the local supermarket will have massage oil. Look for sweet almond oil, or apricot or grape seed oil, for those who are allergic to nuts. Make sure you pack the oil in a ziplock bag as not to have it leak on your clothes in the suitcase. Having the food and wine ready to go after the massage experience allows you to continue the intimate connection.
With these “must-have” travel items, the fear of “forgetting something” won’t put a damper on your travels plans. So, whether you’re heading on a road trip or a beach getaway, be sure to pack smart and have a DateCation™ worth remembering!
5 Tips for traveling with your spouse
- Leave all the stressful topics at home. Meaning don’t have heavy discussions while on vacation.
- Be flexible. You guys are on a weekend getaway, no need for rigid schedules. Go with the flow and enjoy the moment.
- Try new experiences together.
- Relax and laugh more than you ever have.
- Have sex EVERY NIGHT! You guys are away and out of your everyday element, you are relaxed enough to “be in the mood” for sex. Don’t be afraid to rock the hotel bed!
Wherever you guys travel, just have a great time. If you can keep the some of the stress out of your weekend getaway experience by starting the trip off with making sure you have the items you will need to make this the best trip ever.
What items MUST you pack for a weekend getaway with your spouse?
Leave a Reply