Whether your summer travels are spur of the moment, or thought out and well-planned, the products you bring along can make or break a vacation. These essentials will not only make your life easier in your everyday life, but are easy to pack and will leave you worry free to focus on making memories instead!
Besides the normal packing essentials such as, tooth paste, tooth brush, clothes, soap and deodorant, there are a few other special essentials to make a weekend getaway with your spouse special.
Weekend Getaway Must Pack items
When time away alone with your sister pouse is far and few, you must make sure you have everything you need to make the weekend special + to eliminate stress.
1. Bathing Suit and Shorts. Whether you’re headed to the beach, pool, or just want to soak up the sun, you’re definitely going to need one (or more!) bathing suit. Throw a pair of shorts on with it and hit the beach bar for the ultimate laid back look.
2. Jean Jacket. Hot summer days can turn to chilly nights. Add this extra layer in the evening to keep you warm while still looking fashionable. I ordered my jacket from prAna and it has really come in handy. From wearing it on the cold plane to keep the chill off at night & im still fashionable.
3. Sandals. These shoes are a must for any warm weather vacation. Whether you prefer flip-flops, gladiators, or jellies, you’ll need a pair of these every day! However, make sure you pack a pair of walking shoes, such as tennis shoes, if you plan to do a lot of sightseeing by foot. (Take care of your feet)
4. Moisturizer. Salt water, chlorine and sun exposure can dry your skin, so be sure to frequently lather up with your favorite moisturizer.
5. Sunglasses, Sunscreen and a Hat.Protect your skin from sun damage by applying SPF 30 or higher before going outdoors. Don’t forget to reapply. And whether your style is a baseball cap or oversized floppy hat, don’t forget to pack a hat and some sunglasses to protect eyes and the delicate area around the eyes from harsh sun rays. And yes my melanin enriched friends, you need sunscreen as well.
6. Headphone splitter. It’s likely the last thing you’ll think about needing or packing but if you are traveling via airplane, you know how boring it is on a long flight. The splitter will allow you and your spouse the opportunity to watch a show together.
Now here's some additional adult stuff to pack:
1. Sexy lingerie. Even if you don't normally wear this pack one for the trip. Your spouse will be pleasantly surprised.
2. Lubricant. Whether you’re looking to spice things up, try some new techniques or just need a little extra lubrication where it counts, lube can be a fun and exciting addition to your sex life. As sexologist Dr. Megan Stubbs explains, “Lube can help your sex life by helping facilitate easier penetration and reduce friction on skin."
3. Massage oil. Bring some massage oil to give each other simple but sexy body massages. You can purchase massage oil at your local drug store, health food store or even the local supermarket will have massage oil. Look for sweet almond oil, or apricot or grapeseed oil, for those who are allergic to nuts. Make sure you pack the oil in a ziplock bag as not to have it leak on your clothes in the suitcase. Having the food and wine ready to go after the massage experience allows you to continue the intimate connection.
With these “must-have” travel items, the fear of “forgetting something” won’t put a damper on your travels plans. So, whether you’re heading on a road trip or a beach getaway, be sure to pack smart and have a DateCation™ worth remembering!
What items MUST you pack for a weekend getaway with your spouse?