We, well I, love watching American Dad. On a recent episode, the couple was talking about date night. They have a weekly date at the same place EVERY WEEK! The wife wanted to do something different. They had no idea of what to do and lacked creativity when it came to date night.
When date night begins to lose its excitement and the night starts and end the same, it’s time to do something different.
Don’t get caught up in a “routine” that you forget the purpose of date night: connection, communication, FUN!
[Tweet “Don’t get caught up in a “routine” that you forget the purpose of date night: connection, communication, FUN!”]
10 Creative Date Night Ideas
- Video Game Night. Does your husband like video games? Mine does. He invited me to an old school video game showdown. We played video games like Pac Man and had a marvelous time chatting about our childhood and the games we played as a kid. It was fun because not only did I do something he liked (play video games) but he also learned something about me: I am a Pac Man champion. LOL
- Reality TV Show. Make your own “reality” TV Show video. Record the day in the life of (insert your last name here). Use props around the house and act out a funny scenario of something y’all would do or have done. Have fun.
- Favorite Restaurant at home: Ask a friend, who can cook, to fix you guys favorite food. Ask another friend to be your waiter/waitress. You guys dress up and enjoy the evening at home being served by your friends.
- Role play. Go to your local party/costume store and purchase hats, clothing, and any other items needed to help you transform into another person. Take on the accent, a new name and go out in public as that couple. Tell random stories and have fun.
- Twister. Use an old sheet or table cloth and paint 3-4 different colored circles on it. Purchase the paint from your local home supply store, such as Home Depot. Buy the paint from the clearance rack and spend little for the paint.
- Fashion Show. Make creative outfits for each other out of newspaper, then have a fashion show!
- Surprise Dinner. Each of you take $5 and purchase food for date night. Do not discuss the items you will purchase.
- Photo Shoot. Go to random hidden spots (not tourist attractions) in your city and take pictures – Be creative and have fun.
- Progressive Dessert Date. This is a spin on the progressive dinner idea. Visit three restaurants that serve your favorite desserts. Start with the lightest dessert location and end with the biggest most filling dessert.
- Date Night T-Shirt. purchase some tee shirts, sharpies, glitter, rhinestones, paint or any material you would like to use to make your own special date night tee shirt. You guys can make matching tees or complimentary tees. Have fun and wear your shirts on your next date.
Do something different this week for date night! What creative date have you and your spouse been on? Share in the comments below.