Well, we were trying to think of something different to do for date night & we decided to visit the local corn maze, Mid-South Maze.
[pullquote]”Imagine being plunked into a field of cornstalks towering 12 feet high. Everywhere you turn, it’s a sea of green and gold and downright corn-fusing! That’s the idea behind the corn maze craze that’s stalking the country.”
The Mid-South Maze is a seasonal event/place. Open from late September until Halloween. Get ready for some real Fall outdoor fun! The corn maze has many many twists & turns that even the most advanced navigator would get confused in. The fun part is trying to decide which way to go. This really works on communication between couples. So what I did, the maze helped me to work on, is submit to the hubby leading & just enjoyed each & every turn. The fun part was guessing if we had passed that corn stalk before LOL
The Maze is located in a corn field with 12 foot corn stalks. The maze is an exciting adventure for couples, kids, friends, family, or just go by yourself & enjoy with others. The resounding sentiment after attending is “Wow that was fun.”There are two different mazes: Corn Maze & Haunted Maze. The Corn maze has everything the Haunted Maze has expected.
We did the haunted maze & just let me tell you: I leaned close to my husband. I am not the haunted/scary type of girl but it definitely gave me a reason (I don’t need a reason) to lean on the hubby.
The maze was fun, confusing, fun, and messy (it rained). They had people located throughout the maze to scare you but also there were people to direct you if you are lost or to scared to go farther. Now, you could do the corn maze and still have just as much fun.
Ready. Set. Go! Make a date out of attending a Maze in your city. Visit www.themaize.com to find a maze in your city or surrounding area.
5 Things to know about attending a Corn Maze
- Wear clothes you don’t mind getting dirty.
- Wear boots
- Leave all inhibitions at home
- Have FUN
- Stay close to your spouse
Extra Fun Activities at the Mid-South Corn Maze
(1) JUMPING PILLOW — Come check out the newest addition to the Mid-South Maze. Jumping Pillow is one of the hottest outdoor activities around. The Pillow originated in Europe and has made its way to the US within the last five years. Our Pillow is 35′ x 65′ and can accommodate up to forty participants. Cost is $4 per person, jump all you want.
(2) CORN CANNON — One of the most popular activities at the Mid-South Maze. What can be more fun than launching ears of corn at targets up to 100 yards away. Hit a target, win a prize from one of our sponsors. Cost is three shots for $1.
(3) HAUNTED HAYRIDE — Hayrides will take place on Friday and Saturday nights in October. Rides will feature a spooky twist and last approximately 15 minutes. Cost is $5 per person.
What is the one Fall outdoor activity do you and your spouse participate in ? Share your comments below….