This is the time of year that football fans, regardless of teams playing, are overly excited. Its almost time for the SUPERBOWL. This year the Superbowl will be an interesting because its a family affair.
Superbowl Family Affair
This year, the coaches of the teams, 49ers vs Ravens, going to the Superbowl are brothers. So you know their family will be watching in anticipation of a good family competition.
So I know these brothers will have a good time playing against each other on Sunday, February 3, you and your spouse can have even more fun watching the game together. If football/sports, is either of you guys favorite thing to do, then Superbowl Sunday will be the perfect time to do something your spouse enjoys.
Yes, you may or may not know anything about the game or the teams playing, but its not about the teams its about experiencing this activity with your spouse. Sharing in their excitement.
How to Enjoy the Superbowl as a Family
Oh, there will be food, fun, and commercials but don’t forget the laughs and the quality time that will take place in your house. If you are not familiar with football & you do not want to get on the wrong side of your spouse that day, follow these simple steps:
- Start conversations NOW with your spouse about the Superbowl & what team they are hoping will win
- On Superbowl Sunday wear the colors of the team your spouse will cheer for
- Google these terms: Touchdown, Block, Punt, Coin toss and Field Goal to get an understanding about some of the things you will hear your spouse say during the game
- On Superbowl Sunday, when your spouse yells, cheers, or even curse the referee because of a bad play, you mimic their actions.
- Most of all, sit beside your spouse on the couch and enjoy this favorite past time as a family.
Don’t forget to get all your favorite snacks & game day food ready. Sit back, enjoy the game, the commercials and trash talking.
Make the game day interesting by making a friendly bet with your spouse. Hey come up with something fun but worth loosing if you must!
Enjoy Super bowl Sunday because believe it or not, this year it is a Family Affair.
Do you and your spouse watch the Superbowl? How do you plan on celebrating this year?
Please share your Superbowl comments below.