Yeah!! My birth month is not over yet. We have one more day in February this year.
Its Wednesday and many of us begin to think about the weekend and what we will do with our two days off. This edition of date night ideas will have a special Leap Year (29) twist.
So what or how can you and your spouse celebrate this extra day?
- Make a Time Capsule: I know I know I’ve suggested you make a time capsule before, but it’s so much fun that I think it fits in this week’s date night ideas as well. This time the time capsule will have the Leap Year twist. You and your spouse should put 29 items in the capsule that reminds you of your spouse. You and your spouse will write down each item you decided to put in the capsule with a brief reason why you choose that item. Seal the time capsule and put in a safe place and mark open on February 29, 2016.
- Role Play Date: On this date you will pretend its 2008 (the last Leap Year) and you will recreate a special moment you had that year on a date.
- Play 29 ways: This game is sexual in nature…Text your spouse throughout the day 29 ways you would like to make love to them. Be creative & funny! After texting these all day, I think your date night will be planned. *wink wink*
- Sadie Hawkins Day: We all have heard about Sadie Hawkins Day where on February 29, women were allowed to pursue men and ask them out on a date. So in honor of Sadie Hawkins Day, wives plan a date with your spouse and formally ask them out on a date. On date night/day, you get dressed, leave, and come back home and ring the doorbell. Once your spouse opens the door, he will be so surprised to see you standing there with a bouquet of flowers ready to take him out on the town.
- Cocktail Dinner: have a romantic dinner at home served with Leap Year Cocktail. Enjoy great conversation with your spouse and maybe talk about what 29 things you would like to accomplish this year (big/small).
Leap Year Cocktail:
2 oz gin
1/2 oz sweet vermouth
1/2 oz Grand Marnier orange liqueur
1/4 oz lemon juice
lemon twist for garnish
Pour the ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
Garnish with a lemon twist.
Hey its Leap Day, what other date night ideas can you come up with surrounding Leap Year, Leap Day or the number 29? Share your ideas…
As always, we are grateful for you stopping by SDMS, we ask that you share this post with others via twitter, facebook, google + or email.