We got SNOW! We got SNOW! It really happened. Snow days in the south means EVERYTHING shuts down even the government shuts down. It also means stuck in the house all day, but this doesn’t have to be a bad thing. You and your spouse could have so much fun in the snow and it doesn’t require kids (they are a plus but really you guys could make the best of any snow day).
Let me share with you a few things you and your spouse can do in the snow, TOGETHER for a fun day.
[bctt tweet=”Snow days are not just for kids and it’s not just a day off work. Snow days are the perfect days for a date with your spouse at home ” username=”datingmyspouse”]
Five Things to do in the Snow, if You’re Married
1. Enjoy a fun photo shot out in the snow. One thing we know, the snow is the perfect background for some fun and cute pictures.
2. Have a winter picnic on your patio or even in the backyard. Sit around the firepit with blankets, sandwiches and/or soup and hot beverages in a thermos. Now this one would have to take place as long as it’s not zero below…..but if you brave, go for it.
3. Challenge your neighbors to a couples snowball fight. Now, this should be so much fun. One thing it will do is challenge you and your spouse communication style and teamwork.
4. Painting with a Twist in the snow. Add food coloring to water and put in two spray bottles. Decide what you guys will paint in the snow. Will it be a flower? Will it be a dog? Whatever you will paint, decide before you go outside.
5. Netflix and Chill, of course, this is always a good idea. Binge watch a show you guys have never seen.
The thing about snow days, you can waste it away by sleeping all day or you can use this day to create a new experience for your spouse and family. It’s not often us in the south get real snow days and when we do, we take full advantage of it.
If you need more ideas, check out my post: 10 Things to Do in the Winter
Besides sleeping, what is one thing you like to do on snow days?