Oh how I love it when my husband brings me a just because or thinking you gift!
Normally, we buy gifts for holidays and birthdays but what about Just Because! gifts? As husband and wife, we go through our daily duties and tasks but do we really show our spouse, often, that we really appreciate them?
14 Day Marriage Challenge: Gift Giving
Why Gift Giving
Giving and receiving gifts make both parties feel loved and appreciated. Our spouse is the most important investors in our marriage, so we should always make them feel needed, appreciated, and loved.
Random Acts of Kindness in the form of gift giving should be just that RANDOM. Random does not mean a gift every 5 years LOL. Give your spouse a special token of how you appreciate them often but random.
A random gift doesn’t have to be elaborate but they should be meaningful. The gifts you give are sharing with your spouse what you think about them. So make sure the gift you give is actually what you want to say to you spouse.
Gift Giving Ideas:
There are many ways to give random gifts to your spouse. The key is to know your spouse and understand what would actually make them smile and know that you really were thinking about them when deciding on the gift to give.
1. Snack Pack: his/her favorite snacks. Make a basket (you can get from the Dollar Store) of their favorite snacks.
2. Have a drink on me: Purchase a gift card from their favorite place. Get an empty cup from that place, decorate the cup and place the gift card inside.
3. Let’s Read: Purchase the new book from their favorite author
4. Note: Write (handwritten) a note to your spouse. You know like we did when we were in grade school. Have fun with this note. The purpose is to make your spouse smile and maybe even laugh but also to express your love and appreciation for them. Be CREATIVE!
Just remember, you love your spouse and you just want to give them a token of appreciation for being your spouse, your partner, your friend!
Today, I challenge you to give your spouse a gift that shows your appreciation for them.
The twist to this gift giving challenge is:
1. The gift can cost $5 or less
2. It must be a gift specifically for your spouse ONLY
3. The gift can be purchased or personally made by YOU
4. Make the gift unique
5. Have fun! Don’t stress.
What are some Just Because Gifts you have given to your spouse?
Please share in the comments below……
If you missed any portion of the 14 Day Marriage Challenge, don’t fret start where you are and add the missed days at the end. Don’t forget to bookmark this site or sign up for FREE daily email reminders.
Please share this post with your social media friends and family. Bless someone else with what we are doing here at Still Dating My Spouse. Thank you for your continued support!
Day 1: Fresh Start
Day 2: Communication
Day 3: Flirt with your Spouse
Day 4: Quickies
Day 5: Social Media
Day 6: Its Time for a Change
Day 7: Positive Affirmations
Day 8: The Notebook
Day 9: Get Physical
Day 10: Sharing is Caring
Day 11: Addictions
Day 13: Your Spouse BFF
Day 14: Date Your Spouse
I hope you will join us in this challenge.